Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Visit to expensive wine shop

In Sheffield there is an interesting little wine shop which seems to do most if not all of its reselling to extreme wine buffs and wealthy people as well as overseas and it even advertises quite a lot on wine searcher.
The small selection of wines that they have on offer are all absolute bombs from Burgundy, Bordeaux, Ribera del Douro, Barolo just for some
examples. I mean really, they had all the first growth Bordeauxs and incredible Burgundies including Lalou Leroy. Amazing to see all the priceless wines sourced from this little shop. One of the two partners, Adrian was very able to describe the
greatness of some of these bottles to me, although there was no tasting to be had, obviously im not drinking from these shelves!
I came away feeling a little strange about the experience. Maybe I will go to one of their many organised tasting evenings.
I fancy the Pinot Noir and Riesling one, although I will be away then so cant.

No comments: