Thursday, 2 October 2008

winners


A student took my leather coat as I strolled in off the mall to this amazing showcase tasting at the Institue of Contemporary Arts in London (search for IWSC to see all the results). Such an excellent place to host a do and a privelege to visit!
I spent a few hours here tasting through the trophy winning wines from the International Wine and Spirits Competition. I picked some favourites and discussed them with various groups of people at the event. There was a great cheese table which I didnt miss out on at all, making sure that I filled up on Stilton and Brie!
Brief highlights as they were presented, from the many..proper tasting notes later.

Excellent Australian Shiraz from Wirra Wirra and Moppity, great Brunello and A lovely Amarone which we drank lots of with the Stilton! Refined 1995 Rioja from Campillo, An elegant Grand Cru Chablis, aged South African Chenin, fabulous New Zealand Gewurtztraminer and Rieslings. I didnt have a chance to foray into the spirits room. I had my fill, what a fantastic day!

No comments: